Put this hairstyle in your “Quick & Easy” hair options folder. I love the simplicity of this hairstyle with a crazy-cute “twist”!
Items needed: 2 rubber bands, a comb, a brush and some bobby pins.
Required time: 3-5 minutes.
Competence level: Easy
Step by step instructions:
1. Start by doing a zigzag part. If you don’t know what it is, please see Tips and Tricks #6
2. Pull hair back into a tight ponytail at the nape of your neck.
3. Separate the hair into a ponytail into two sections.
4. Twist both sections into tight twists. Ask your daughter to hold the twists while you do them.
5. Twist strands of hair so tight that they curl naturally. You kind of take the twist, loop, and bring them together.
6. Put a rubber band around the whole thing until you can secure the hair.
7. If your girl has longer hair and you don’t like long, long hair, you can add bobby pins to raise the hair higher on the head.
8. Rat hair to add volume and fluff, or straighten with a straightener then rat.
9. Add a ribbon or bow.
To see your own photo recreations of this style featured in our CGH app, feel free to tag your photos on Instagram with: #CGHpretzeltwistmessybun
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!