Here is a cute hairstyle that is so simple to do and looks super cute! What I love about this hairstyle is that it turns a ponytail into a fancy hairstyle. It’s really good for helping to keep the front part of the hair (bangs) contained all day.
Necessary items: Brush, comb, water, lacquer/gel, 1 rubber band.
Required time: 3-5 minutes
Competence level: Easy
Here’s what it should look like at this point.
Step by step instructions:
1. Begin by parting the hair on top of the head into a middle section. The pieces will go from the front of the head to the back of the head.
2. Create a rectangle shape by separating the head between two previous parts.
3. Separate this section into two parts.
4. Take the two strands of hair and tie them as if you were doing the first step of a shoelace (cross the two parts and wrap one underneath).
5. Now wrap the hair underneath again…basically a double twist.
6. Pull both strands until the knot is tight against the head.
7. Repeat with a second rectangle just behind the first.
8. Pull the rest of the hair into a side ponytail and add the 4 strands of hair from the top knots.
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHdoubleknotponytail
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!