For this hairstyle, I show you how to combine simple French braids with ponytails and regular braids to create a very fun look!
Items needed: Brush, comb, water, hairspray/gel, 4 rubber bands.
Time requirement: 10-15 minutes
Competence level: Average
View from the top…
Front view… (I don’t like adding any ribbons or bows on this hairstyle because I think it hides the fun criss-cross effect)
Step by step instructions:
1. For this fun hairstyle, start by parting the hair in the middle of the head, from the forehead to the nape of the neck.
2. Starting from the middle of the head, part the hair to each ear. Elastic or pinch the hair halves out of the way.
3. Now separate this area into two sections.
4. Make a French braid in one of the upper areas, only until you have the ears. Finish the rest of the hair with a regular braid. Elastic the ends or hold the girl.
5. Repeat this process on the other side of the head.
6. Gather TO THE LEFT side, back hair in a ponytail. Add to TO THE RIGHT two braids.
7. Take the left side of the head, hair back and create a ponytail. Add two braids to the LEFT. Finish the ponytails with regular braids (sorry no photo for this step).
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHcrisscrossfrenchbraids
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!