This is a hairstyle that my daughters practically grew up with…it’s also the style that most inspired me to create this blog. Everyone always stopped me, no matter where we were, to ask how we styled…
Items needed: Rat tail comb, spray bottle, brush and 4 rubber bands.
Required time: 7-10 minutes.
Competence level: Average
Step by step instructions:
1. For this cute hairstyle, start by parting the hair on each side from front to back.
2. Now cut from the middle part to the right ear.
3. Section of the middle part to the left ear…. use a rubber band or clamp to hold the section out of the way. Add another clip or elastic to the hair at the back to keep it out of the way.
4. Using the section with the MOST hair, separate the section into 3 smaller sections.
5. Starting with the section closest to the face, start twisting from the midsection to the ear.
6. Repeat until you have three finished twists.
7. While your daughter is holding the three twists, undo the hair in the back and part it into two sections down the middle.
8. Gather the right side of the hair back and create a ponytail. Hold with hand.
9. BEFORE putting a rubber band on the hair, add the three twists. Now elastic all together.
10. Now take the ponytail and twist.
11. Wrap the twist around and around the elastic to create a twisted bun.
12. Use another rubber band to secure the twist and the bun. I like to have the ends hanging down, so I leave about 2 inches of hair hanging down from the bun at the top.
13. Repeat the whole process on the other side.
14. Rake the ends of the hair a little to add fluff. Use hairspray to hold them in place.
To see your own photo recreations of this hairstyle featured in our app, feel free to tag your photos on IG with: #CGHtripletwistsandmessybuns
* Note from Mindy: Don’t forget to follow us on BlogLovin, a new easy-to-use blog reader!